As every single year pass, it’s getting tougher for me to ask my daughter about her school. I really want to engage in her school activities but the question is how? Every single day when she gets back from school I ask that same boring question” SO how was your school today ?” And I get the same boring answer “it was fine”.
Well, it’s not a satisfying answer that I am normally looking for.
So I thought let’s think of other ways to question her about her school which is fun packed and It can initiate some discussion and I can get to know more about her school. AND honestly, it worked …
Some of the questions that your child will definitely
try to answer after having a tiring day at school:
- What was the most interesting part of the day?
- What makes you feel down and low today?
- Who is your most favourite child in your class and why?
- Did you make someone laugh today?
- Did you help someone today and how you helped them?
- What do you like most about your teacher?
- Which activity did you like most today?
- Who is the funniest child in your class?
- Who is your sitting partner in class and if you find a chance to change it with someone else which child will it be and why?
- If a monster comes and asks to take any child from your class which child you want him to take away and why?
- If you are given a chance to choose your favourite subject and teach to other children which subject you will choose and why?
- Tell me three instances where you required to use the pencil today in class?
- Tell me the most interesting thing that you read today?
- What makes your class so special?
- Which part of your food did you enjoy the most?
- If I am your class teacher what would you like me to do for you?
- What is the scariest thing in your class?
- Which of the words your friends use most?
- If you find a magic wand and you can change three things in your class what it will be?
- If you are a teacher and you had to put any child in a time-out chair which child it will be?
When I ask these questions to my children it helps me to have an open discussion and know things more deeply about their school activities. As my daughter will grow, I will add more questions to this post. I know it will be harder as they grow elder but it’s always worth a try !!
If you have any question please feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading.