Bring the place value fun into your classroom with these amazing and handy worksheets for Year 2 children. The worksheets are beautifully illustrated and are JAM-PACKED with fun. All Year 2 place value printables are carefully designed to keep children busy and engaged while grasping the concepts in detail.
What is place value?
Place Value is the value of each digit. It is an important concept of maths that helps in calculations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and much more.
Example of Place value:
572 has 5 Hundreds, 7 tens and 2 ones.
The expanded form of 572 is 500+70+2
Also Read: Free Year 2 Subtraction Worksheets
Year 2 Place Value learning objectives:
Year 2 students need to learn the following learning objectives:
- Read and write numbers to 100 in numerals and words.
- Count forward and backwards in 2s, 3s, 5s, and 10s.
- Children need to know the place value of 2 digit numbers (tens and ones)
- Children need to recall and use addition and subtraction facts up to 20, also to derive and use related facts to 100.
- To add and subtract mentally using pictorial representation, concrete objects to add a two-digit and a one-digit number.
How to use these worksheets?
Our wonderfully illustrated worksheets will help children practice the place value skills along with plenty of fun. The amazing worksheets will help reinforce the concepts of comparing numbers, 10 less and 10 more, true and false questions, 100 squares and much more.
Click on the images and download the PDF files.
More Year 2 resources:
If you found our Place value worksheets useful then you might want to take a look at the following resources: